How to configure a task for ZOOM Nightshift
The brandnew ZOOM Nightshift feature can perform scripted automated tasks and automates issue management even further. It uses JSON script files in combincation with the Windows Task Scheduler. In this blog we will explain how to configure a task for ZOOM Nightshift in Windows Task Scheduler.
The Windows Task Scheduler is a tool that allows you to create and run any task on your computer automatically. It allows you to start applications, run commands and execute scripts. The tasks can either be executed at a chosen day and time or be triggered when a specific event occurs. The Task Scheduler is available on all Microsoft Windows systems.
With Nightshift, you can automate the following actions in BIMcollab ZOOM to save time:
- Open models / Add to project
- Connect to project in BIMcollab Cloud
- Filter issues
- Update issues
- Run and share all Lists
- Synchronize project changes in BIMcollab Cloud
1. Create a JSON scriptCreate a JSON script that indicates which actions should take place when ZOOM Nightshift is initiated. Save the file in a location of your choosing on your computer.
*You can find more information on how to create a JSON script, as well as an example script, in our Helpcenter.
2. Configure a task in the Task Scheduler
Follow these steps to configure a task in the Task Scheduler to run ZOOM Nightshift: Note: These steps describe the workflow in Windows 10(1) Go to the Windows Start Menu
(2) Choose Windows Administrative Tools > Task Scheduler
(3) Create a separate folder to store your tasks for ZOOM Nightshift by right-clicking on the main folder in the Task Scheduler Library, and choosing 'New Folder...'
(4) Give the folder a clear and unique name
(5) Select the newly created folder
(6) Choose 'Create Basic Task...' in the Actions menu
(7) Give the task a name and description so the goal of the task is clear, and click 'Next'
(8) Indicate the trigger of the task
Depending on which trigger you chose, you will be asked to indicate a starting time for the first execution of the task and how often the task should take place.
(9) In the 'Action' tab, choose the action 'Start a program'
(10) When you click 'Next' you will be asked to browse to the program or script you want to execute. Browse to the executable file of BIMcollab ZOOM at C:\Program Files\KUBUS\BIMcollab ZOOM\BIMcollab ZOOM.exe
(11) In the 'Add arguments (optional)' field, add "-robotscript=" followed by the filepath of the JSON script file. For example: -robotscript=D:\Desktop\Nightshift.JSON
(12) Check all parameters of the task in the Finish dialog, and click 'Finish'
(13) The task will be run at the indicated times of the task triggers
* You can always edit the parameters of the task by right-clicking on the task in the Scheduler and choosing 'Properties'.